Welcome to IAHR Ice Symposium 2012
We invite you to Dalian, China, in 2012 to attend the 21st International Symposium on Ice. The symposium will be held from 11 – 15 June 2012 , in the golden season period in Dalian.
The symposium will cover the range of river ice, lake ice, glacier ice, sea ice and their interactions with climate changes.
- Fundamental processes in fresh water and saline floating ice
- Ice physics and mechanics;
- Ridge formation;
- Grounding and ice pile-up;
- Impact of climate change on polar and subpolar ice conditions.
- Instrumentation in ice research
- Field technology;
- Laboratory technology;
- Remote sensing platforms.
- Ice engineering and management
- Ice-structure interaction;
- River, lake, reservoir and sea ice problems;
- Extreme ice features.
- Environmental and ecological concerns in ice-infested water
- Ecology in ice-covered waters;
- Oil spills in ice-covered sea areas;
- Environment problems in river, lake, and reservoir ice.
- Ice industry and society problems under climate change
- The frangibility water resource from glacier ice;
- Fishing, navigation, tourism in icy conditions;
- Economic concerns on ice.